Approx. Time: 150 Minutes | Price Range: Get Quote for Price
Basics of 75,000 Mile Service
K & K Tire & Auto Center is the leading 75,000-mile service shop in Foley, MN, Saint Cloud, MN, and Milaca, MN. We take pride in ensuring your vehicle performs at its best possible performance level. Given the conditions in the Saint Cloud, MN area it is essential that preventative maintenance is carried out at the recommended period. At the 75,000 mile service period, the vehicle manufacturers require several safety inspections and preventive maintenance. K&K Tire and Auto trained mechanics focus on carrying out the services as well as the repair work your vehicle requires, to keep your vehicle running at peak performance, and to ensure that your manufacturer’s warranty remains intact.
Our 75,000 Mile Service Period include the following:
Every 75,000-mile service, we run a Quality Assurance Road Test to ensure your vehicle is performing and handling at its ideal level. Should our mechanics hear or feel something out of normal, they will be able to check your vehicle once they put it on the lift. If our Mechanics don’t find what they had heard or felt during the 75,000-mile service inspection, we will let you know what we encountered during the road test to ask whether you prefer additional diagnostics.
- Replace Engine Oil and Filter – regularly changing the vehicle’s engine oil per manufacturer’s guidelines is an important part of maintaining the vehicle. The oil keeps internal parts of the engine greased, and a filter gathers all the debris by preventing damage. It is an essential regular maintenance item to ensure the performance and lifespan of your vehicle.
- Drive Shaft Boots – ensure vehicle boots are properly sealed, do not have any damage or tears, and are not dry rotted. This ensures that that the drive shafts stay properly lubricated and can save an expensive repair or replacing the Drive Shaft.
- Engine Coolant – a vehicle’s engine coolant is a vital fluid that is important to maintain the engine. Manufacturers have been upgrading to longer-lasting engine coolant. Nevertheless, it’s still important to periodically check on the condition and level of the engine coolant. Extended life coolant also breaks down over time. Ensuring the vehicle’s coolant system is maintained on its correct level, and it’s free against leaks, will make sure the coolant lasts longer and performs at its proper level.
- Steering Linkage and Boots – inspect linkage and boots in steering. Too Much play in the steering could be dangerous. It may inhibit the speed of your reaction in an emergency situation and cause issues like excessive tire wear.
- Ball Joints and Dust Covers – too much play from the ball joints can cause excessive tire wear, poor performance, and handling. If not caught early enough, it can result in failure, additional suspension damages, and can leave you stranded on the side of the road. Ensuring there is no excessive play from the suspension can save the cost of a very expensive repair and prevent a breakdown.
- Reset Maintenance Reminder – reset maintenance reminder during your service to ensure you are properly notified for the next service period.
- Engine Air Filter – air filters are occasionally able to be cleaned. They also need to be replaced periodically. The Engine Air Filter keeps debris out of the engine and ensures proper air intake through your engine. Depending on where you live, your air filter might need replacing more often. Should your engine air filter become clogged, it will significantly reduce the engine’s performance and fuel mileage.
- Cabin Air Filter – filters out the air in the passenger cabin. Maintaining the cabin air filter is Important to ensure you breath clean air. The inability to keep this clean and dirt-free can cause strain on the vehicle’s ventilating system. This may cause unpleasant odor and unnecessary stress on the vehicle.
- Brake Linkage/Drums/Pads/Disc – routine and thorough inspection of the brake system will ensure you can safely stop your vehicle each and every time. Brake failures could cost a lot of money for the repair. A brake pad that gets too low and unable to make it to the next service period, if not caught, could wear into your rotor and become an extremely costly repair.
- Chassis Bolts and Nuts – inspect the chassis and suspension for irregular wear and loose parts. This is an essential safety check should be done once a year. Preventive maintenance saves you money because potential issues are caught early and keep the repair work at a minimum.
- Exhaust Pipes and Mountings – a leak in the exhaust system is noisy and dangerous. A vehicle exhaust system has dangerous fumes that need to be properly expelled away from the passenger compartment. Leaks or restrictions in the vehicle exhaust system may also result in performance issues. An exhaust system that is not operating as designed can dramatically reduce your power from the engine and restrict your fuel economy. Periodic inspections of manifolds, seals, gaskets, catalytic converters, and pipes will keep your vehicle running like intended.
- Tire Inspection, Rotation, and Inflation – proper tire inflation is vital for handling and safety. Mechanics will check your tires to ensure proper positioning for optimal performance and lifespan of the tires. Tire rotations are performed periodically, so all four tires wear in a uniform manner. Unless you rotate your tires they are going to wear unevenly, and it will require replacement more often. Correct inflation of the tires is vital for the proper performance and wear. Properly inflated tires also improve fuel mileage.
There’s a lot more to servicing a vehicle than just changing the oil and rotating tires. Appropriate preventative maintenance will save money and time. K&K Tire and Auto is a part of the Saint Cloud, MN community. If you are in the Foley, MN, Saint Cloud, MN, or Milaca, MN areas, and you’re looking for an honest and reliable mechanic please get in touch with us. We appreciate your time, save you money, and get you back on the road as quickly and safely as possible. Call us at (320) 968-6225 or contact us online to set up an appointment.
Areas Served: Foley MN | Milaca MN | Saint Cloud MN | and surrounding areas
Approx. Time: 150 Minutes | Price Range: Get Quote for Price